The Writing & Publishing Department at Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School is home to:
The Siren Media Group (submissions open to Lincoln Park students only)
Pulp (submissions open to Lincoln Park students only)
Below you'll find a list of our current submission opportunities. Please read the guidelines for each category carefully.
PLEASE NOTE: Only current students of Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School may submit to Pulp.
Thanks for submitting to Pulp!
Please make sure to read and follow the guidelines listed below. This is VERY important - if you do not follow these guidelines, your submission may not be read.
1. Make sure that your name does not appear anywhere in the document you upload - DO NOT include a title page. In the interest of fairness, we have a blind reading process which means that staff members will not know who the author of a piece is until that piece is accepted or declined. Your submission will be linked to your Submittable account - administrators will be able to see what piece(s) you submitted. If you are submitting a piece of CNF in which your name appears within the piece, please go through and replace your name with "xxxxxxxx." This is easy to do using the "Find and Replace" function in your word processor.
2. Your piece must have a title. Do not include your name in the "Title" box!
3. For the "Genre" field, please select one of the following: Fiction, CNF, or Poetry. If you feel as though your piece is on the borderline between genres or is hard to classify, please pick the one you feel best represents your work.
4. Submit all pieces separately. You may submit up to five (5) pieces overall, but you must fill out this form and upload each piece separately.
5. Make sure that you are using an acceptable file type: .doc, .docx, and .odt. We are not able to handle any other file types.
If you have any questions, please see Mr. LeRoy or the managing editor of Pulp, Skylar Van Winkle.